Wednesday, April 10, 2013

texas and back.

This past weekend Michael and I drove to Texas for his dad's 60th Birthday. We left early Saturday morning and made sure to stop at Oasis truck stop for breakfast. For those of you who don't know our first date end there and so the first weekend of the month we go there to eat. I enjoyed some biscuits and gravy, which are always very tasty. Every time we go there Michael surprise me with a rose and I love that he still does it.


[ this rose made it to and from texas alive ]

After Oasis we hit the road to Texas. Our first stop was the Oklahoma boarder to take a picture or two.



We decided that we would stop at each states boarder and take a picture. I think it would be fun if we would take a picture at each state boarder each time we travel.

[ it was so windy ]

From Waynesville to Fort Worth, Texas it is about a nine hour drive, so it was a long drive, but I enjoyed myself, because Michael was there. Needless to say I was nervous about meeting his family, especially his son, James. 

The first of his family members I would be meeting though was his Mom and his Stepfather, because that is where we stayed for the night. It was good. I think my mom and his mom, Connie would get along. We ate dinner and played marbles and Mexican Train. Michael and I then went to bed early, because we had been up since about four that morning.

Sunday morning we got up and Michael made some breakfast tacos and than we headed out for Salt Grass Steakhouse where the birthday party would be. We got there a little early so we decided to roam around the mall near by. 

[ michael decided to try on a tie while we were in macy. ]

When 12:00 pm hit when went over to Salt Grass Steakhouse and by the time we got there most of the group were already there. 

I was nervous.

We first saw his dad, Jack who didn't know Michael was coming down for the party. He seemed surprised. Than we moved into meeting the rest of the family that was there. Michael didn't make it over to James (his son) right away, but when James saw Michael he ran over and jumped into his dad's arms. As there were hugging James looked over at me and asked 'Are you Sasha?' and I replied 'Yes' and he said 'Okay.' After that there wasn't much of a chance for me to really interact with James much, because there was too much going on and he was spending time with Michael. But that's okay, because I will get a chance over the summer to get to know him better. ( He'll be spending most of the summer with Michael. ) 

Overall the dinner when well. I was a little overwhelmed with all the was going on. I do WAY better a getting to know people in a smaller setting. So hopefully next time I will get to know some of his family better, because I'm excited too.

Before Michael's dad left he came over to me and said 'Take care of my son.' and I responded with 'Of course I will.'

The drive back home went really well I think. It gave Michael and I a chance to talk about life and other things. I let him know how glad I was that he invited me to go with him to meet his family and that he thought me important enough to introduce me to them. I sure love him and can't wait to get to know the people most important to him better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...