Tuesday, April 2, 2013

bible ethos.

At Youth Group we have challenged the youth to come up with their own Bible ethos and this got me thinking, I don't really have one myself. I think the closest thing to a Bible ethos I had was back in college and it was Matthew 6:34 which says,
"So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."
But I feel like that isn't what it would be today if someone asked me what my Bible ethos was. I have been pondering for the last few weeks what mine could be when I came across Deuteronomy 10:12 which says,
"And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you? He requires only that you fear the Lord your God, and live in a way that pleases him, and love him and serve him with all your heart and soul."
I haven't quite decided if this is what I want my Bible ethos to be, but I think it does a good job in explaining how I live my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...